A Different Kind of Kale
The other night I had a bit of a craving and decided to mix this up and see how it tasted!! Oh boy, there was a little party going on in my mouth!! It was exactly what I was in the mood for. It also made me realize how simple my eating has gotten and yet so satisfying. Also, how when guided by my body – once you clean up and get rid of so much junk, processed foods, sugar etc as a main staple – the body really will lead you to to want healthy foods and you can enjoy them. I am not into eating things just because they are ‘healthy’ but what my body likes and wants – clean, green, alive, and healthy.
It wasn’t always that way. I also realize as I walk down streets that are full of restaurants that some, most foods don’t call out to me or do I want them. I am not controlled by food, emotional eating, my taste buds or addictive chemicals or sugar – woohoo!!!
Now please don’t get me wrong – I am not anal about it, or over controlling, it just is and it is very cool. I share that only because of my past with food when it did control me, when I ate for emotional comfort, when I let food control me and my life – this is so freeing it’s hard to put into words!!
Anyways, this is a very quick and easy yet tasty and nutrient dense recipe, it’s vegan, gluten free and pretty raw of course though depending on how much or what temperature you warm / heat the kale – I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!!
– Kale – as much as you want – I put mine in a pot (yes) with just a couple of drops of water (you can do that with good quality stainless cookware) and basically just heated it – I did not steam or cook it
– Coconut oil that was warmed (no not in a microwave) Coconut oil (Purium’s Coconut Oil)will melt easily – so even if you put it in a glass dish and put it in hot water and let it sit in that for a few minutes- just make sure the water doesn’t mix with the oil
– Minced Garlic – as much as you like – I love fresh Garlic and no one was around that I would be kissing or talking with so I went all out – but use how much you want
– pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
– 1 tsp Spirulina (Purium’s Spirulina) this is such a nutrient dense Superfood that is easily digestable – my body loves this stuff
Mix the Spirulina, Garlic and Coconut oil together well and drizzle over the Kale.
Eat and Enjoy!!!
Healthy IS Cool!!!
If you are interested in any Purium’s products – feel free to use the $50 Gift Card – promo code is eatinghealthy and you can redeem it here!