This recipe takes a little bit of time to make- but it’s worth it – it’s so tasty and delicious and I don’t eat cereals!! This just keeps your healthy foods recipes tastier! Each time I make it I make a big batch as my kids love it and it will last in a sealed container / jar. I also switched it up a little so it’s never really the same twice. The raw granola recipe can also be a great variety to the raw food recipes for beginners and kids.
– 5 cup Buckwheat Groats –soaked in water for approx 24 hours changing the water at least once, make sure you add about 2 inches more of water over the groats as they will soak some of it up
– ½ cup raw Almonds sliced or chopped – soaked in water for 24 hrs
– 1 cup raw Pumpkin seeds – soaked in water for 24 hrs
– 11/2 cups Raisins – soaked for 24 hrs
Once all is drained, put into a big bowl and stir together.
– 3 tsp Vanilla
– 2 tsp Cinnamon
– ½ cup Agave or Honey
– 3 tbsp Rice Bran Solubles – optional (Purium – slow burning carb that is germinated so nutrient dense and pre-digested)
– 1 cup mashed Blueberries (or 1-2 grated Apples or any other fruit of your choice)
Spread out on dehydrator sheets on the plain screens
Dehydrate for 12 – 24 hours (depending on dehydrator, thickness of the cereal and how crunchy you like it)
Once done add in some of your favourite things like shredded Coconut, Hemp seed (I add that in when I eat it as I keep mine in the fridge) or anything else that you like.
Great topped with mixed fruit and Cashew Whip or just add in Almond Mylk.
The raw granola recipe is tasty and nutritious. It’s also a great variety to the raw food recipes for beginners and kids. Adding more “live” raw foods to your diet doesn’t really have to be complicated. There are actually a number of ways to add more raw foods to your way of eating. If you want to learn how to do them right, I am available for a personalized coaching session. Simply contact me through firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 778-836-2922. I am also giving away free copies of my book, Amazing & Tasty Raw Recipes that are Easy to Make [Kindle Edition] starting 10/27/2014 to 10/29/2014. This book contains tasty raw food recipes that require little preparation time. So, watch out for the free download dates to get your own copy.