Almond Feta Cheese
I love Greek Salad with Feta Cheese or Almond ‘Feta’ Cheese, either way it is good!!. This is another thing you can do with the left over Almond pulp from making Almond Mylk if you want to stay away from dairy or eat more raw only. Can’t wait till these veggies are more in season, but for now it’s a treat.
Take the pulp from the Almond Mylk ( approx 1 cup) and mix in
– 2 – 3 tbsp cold pressed Olive Oil ( or hemp or flax or any other kind of cold pressed oil)
– 1 – 2 cloves minced garlic
– pinch celtic sea salt
Mix all together until still somewhat crumbly, adjust oil, salt or garlic to taste, add to salad like you would feta cheese, just note it is not as firm as feta would be.
You can take this further if you like by adding in chives, or basil or other herbs chopped finely.
You can also add with that a little more oil and make it more of a spread for crackers and celery, which is very yummy.
Get creative and enjoy!!
– 1 – 2 Tomatos chopped up
– 2 Red Peppesr chopped up (you can always use a different color or mix the colors, I stay away from green usually as to be it doesn’t taste as good as the others red yellow or orange)
– 1/2 English cucumber chopped up
– 1/2 Red onion chopped up
– Kalamata Olives (which with pit in and not in jars or cans are still somewhat raw) how many depends on you
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– 1/4 cup finely chopped Parsley
– 1/8 cup finely chopped Dill
– 1/8 cup finely chopped Basil
Mix well together, I sprinkle on cold pressed Olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, or you can use the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon which is quite nice.
( approx measurements for those are 1/4 cup or less) I try not to add a lot of dressing at all to this salad as it is so flavorful
Mix up well and add in feta cheese
We will make this our whole dinner sometimes as it is so tasty and filling and healthy.